Dirty Dancing (1987)


Directed by Emile Ardolino
Starring Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey

Nobody puts Baby in a corner!

What the hell does that even mean?

I know, I know. Nobody could believe it. I had never seen Dirty Dancing. I had no idea about Baby's summers at the lake. I had no idea about Patrick Swayze's smooth moves. I had no idea that "nobody puts Baby in a corner". Frankly, I feel like I've been living in the dark all these years.

Why should I have seen Dirty Dancing! I grew up with three brothers. Not one of us had any desire to watch Dirty Dancing. Or, maybe they watched it when I wasn't around. Road House, well that was another story. I've probably seen Road House 100 times. Road House is Awesome! But, I'm not here to talk about Road House. I'm here to discuss Dirty Dancing.

Dirty Dancing is a good movie. I might even slip it into my Sunday afternoon 80's Rainy Day Afternoon repetiore. It was very entertaining. The Dancing, The Dirtiness, The Dirty Dancing, that scene on the tree. Omg, that was hot. The montage scene was incredible! I really did have "the time of my life" watching this movie. The 80's Rock!

What is up with that college douchebag getting that girl pregnant? Oh, no he didn't... That is just plain wrong. And, we all know that teenagers didn't have sex back then. So, there was inconsistency there. And, am I wrong, or does the good Doctor owe Johnny Castle an apology. Don't mess with Johnny Castle! You hear me people!

Side note: Why did Jennifer Grey get a nose job? What the hell?

Ummmm, no comment.

BOTTOM LINE: Dirty Dancing is Dirty, Intense, Sexual, Intense, Sensual, Intense, and Dirty, and Intense. Nobody puts Baby in a corner!

For Dirty Dancing, I chose Abita Turbo Dog. I've had Turbo Dog before and it's very good...Try one.



FORCE THE BOYFRIEND: Not Applicable

Watch if you liked...Dirtiness and Dancing?

Chick Flick: 3 1/2 cartons of ice cream (out of 5)
Beer: 4 manly high fives (out of 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment